Central Otago Health Services Limited – Dunstan Hospital
Casual to Part Time
Central Otago Health Services Ltd (COHSL) is a community owned, not-for-profit organisation that is responsible for providing healthcare services for 35,000 people within the Central Otago communities including Roxburgh Alexandra Cromwell and Wanaka. Inpatient acute care and rehabilitation Services are provided at Dunstan Hospital located in Clyde. Dunstan is a well know Rural Hospital with a highly skilled and committed staff team.
Dunstan Hospital is employing kitchen staff to fulfil a casual role as a Cook. This role will be providing catering for our inpatient ward, meals on wheels and our Quail Café.
The successful applicant will need to be flexible with their start and finish times to suit the needs of the hospital. There will be an opportunity for additional work as the need arises, and extra hours to cover for leave.
Days and hours of work will be as listed below. Please note penal rates apply for any weekends and public holidays worked.
Monday to Friday 7.30am to 5.30pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8 am to 5.30 pm (including public holidays)
Applicants will need to:
• Have previous cooking experience preferably in a commercial kitchen.
• Be enthusiastic and have a good sense of humour.
• Excellent time management skills whilst being able to work under pressure and unsupervised.
• Be willing to learn new skills - loves cooking/baking.
• Have an eye for detail verging on fussy.
• Have confident communication skills with all levels of personnel and patients. Please note this role will involve some patient interaction whilst undertaking this role.
• Abide by our confidentiality policies and procedures.
• Show a high standard of personal presentation. A uniform will be supplied.
If you are interested in applying please contact:
Debbie Reece, Team Leader, Hospital Services
Phone: 027 489 3506
The closing date for this position is 30th Sept 2022
Click here for an Application Form